Tuesday, July 20, 2010

VBS!

The past few days have been really good. Saturday was my last free day, which just blows my mind, this summer has gone so fast! On Monday I will have been here for two months.

Saturday July 17

For our last free day before Texas Super Summer arrives with 120 students and my VBS starts we wanted to do something really fun. So we went to the beach! This place was totally awesome! It really shown God's beauty.


Sunday July 18

For church this week, we went to Chofu Baptist again. When we arrived, we were asked if we were ready to speak. Once again, Father taught me to just roll with what He throws my way. It was really neat to share with Chofu what I have been learning, how Father is moving in my life, and what they can be praying for me.

Here are my answers:

What I have been learning this summer and what Father is doing in my life: "He must become greater, and I must become less" John 3:30. This verse was laid on my heart at base camp, our few days of training before leaving for Tokyo. My life is for Father's glory, not mine. I have also learned how I have to just rest in Father, He sustains me. He is really all I need.

For prayer requests, I talked about the VBS that started on Tuesday. The pastors wife was translating, and when I talked about the VBS, she looked at me and asked if it was in Japan. Her face lit up when I said yes.

This Church has really taught me about the body of Christ. Even though, we speak different languages and have different customs, we are believers in Father. That is the only connection we really need. This place has become on of my favorite places in Tokyo. It is full of encouragement, love, and support which is exactly what a Church is supposed to be.

That afternoon, we were able to meet once again with the group of students who are Christians. I have become really good friends with two girls A and Y. They are really sweet and encouraging. They each sent me e-mails saying how awesome it is to be sisters in Christ. The students we meet with want to hear our struggles and testimonies. Most of them have grown up being the only Christians at their schools. A and Y just blow my mind. We are learning from each other, coming from different countries and backgrounds, but Father is the glue that binds us together.

Also on Sunday, one of my new brothers in Christ was baptized. His girlfriend has spent three years sharing with him. This summer he made the decision to become a believer in Christ. It is really awesome to see all the ancient work that has been poured into his life.

Monday July 19

Super Summer global arrived, bring us 123 high school students for a week. SSG holds a special place in my heart, since I went on my first M trip with SSG. It is awesome to be around this group of excited, energized, awesome high schoolers.

Tuesday July 20

Tuesday was our first day of VBS! It is so awesome to be apart of something that is the result of five years of prayer. We had seven kids come and some wanting to come the next day. Language is a small barrier that is not bigger than Father. We are able to communicate with the awesome kids who are ages 5-9. They are really sweet, and Father has been working in their lives since they were babies. We were told that one of the boys who is coming used to come to the mom and baby English class. Somehow, they fell under the radar for a few years, but now he is back and is at the VBS! We went over the parable of the different soils.

Wednesday July 21

Wednesday was really good. We had 8 kids at the VBS. We did a water balloon fight at the park. They loved it! We also talked about John 3;16. We went over the gospel today, and were able to have it translated in Japanese so the kids will understand it better.

Thursday July 22

We did the story of the Good Samaritan with the kids. We found out that the parents of these kids are hearing about what they are learning. Some of the parents are calling to ask what the stories mean. This is such an answer to prayer! Father is using us to reach these awesome kids and their parents! Father is so good!

Friday July 23

Today was our final day of this session of VBS. This was a very bittersweet day. We once again went over the gospel with them. I love each and everyone of these kids. They have been a joy to work with. One little boy came and was scared of so many foreigners at first, but was upset when he couldn't come because he was sick. He is planning on coming next week! One little girl's story just makes my heart so full! She somehow found one of the fliers we handed out last week and has been coming. She rides her bike to the school everyday on her own. She was really shy at first and doesn't speak much English, but she has warmed up to us and has learned this week.

The VBS group!



Prayer Requests:
  • The SSG team, to recover over jet lag, be excited, and be persistent.
  • Divine appointments for meaningful conversations.
  • Endurance for all of my intern team, its going to be really busy but awesome!
  • The VBS, for the seeds we sow in the kids to grow
  • The kids who come to VBS
  • The M's here

No comments:

Post a Comment