Thursday, July 15, 2010

Until the Whole World Hears

Father has been moving in big ways this week. All I can do is stand in awe of the awesome things He does.

Wednesday July 14

The group of girls and I who are doing the VBS had an awesome opportunity to visit a nursery. It was an awesome experience. We got to love on those kids and get to know the nursery workers who are really sweet. We sang songs with the kids, played games, and got to love on them. At first I thought they would be overwhelmed by six Americans coming in, but they didn't want us to leave. Being there just really taught me about being the hands and feet of Christ. We got to love on some adorable Japanese kids who are as cute as can be.

Me and my buddy, D-chon

All of the kids!

Cutie!

That night, we had worship with our entire intern group. These times are so sweet, to worship with the entire team and share the awesome things that are going on. One of the other M families here is about to head back to the states for furlough, so they had a kitchen full of food to get rid of. They asked if they could make us a lasagna. It was really fun to spend time with my team, the journeymen, and the M families here.

Update: The girls who work at the nursery want to meet up with us again! Pray that we can share Christ with them!

Thursday July 15

We had a normal day of preparing for the VBS, we cleaned, decorated, passed out flyers, and practiced. That afternoon, I went to meet up with some friends for Bible study. It is awesome to study the Bible together and share the Word. On the way back to my Tokyo house, I was on a train, and I wasn't sure if it would stop at my station. Some of the trains skip smaller stations so I would just transfer trains to get to my station. The train was full of people coming home from work. One of the few seats open on the train was right next to me. A woman got on and I prayed that she would sit next to me. She did! I asked her if the train stopped at the station I needed and she said yes. I explained to her how I don't want to get lost, and she understood. She spoke perfect English. She then dug around in her purse and pulled out a handbook for people who do not speak Japanese. She handed it to me and told me that is was a present. I wanted to give her something too, so I wanted to give her something too. All I had to give her was a Hope tract. I gave it too her and explained why I was here. She saw my bracelet, which was on my left hand and she was too my right. She pulled my arm over and asked if I knew what it meant. I once again got to share about the joy I have in Christ! I then asked her if she believed in Jesus. She told me that she has never heard of Jesus. So many people in Japan haven't even heard the name of Jesus. I had only ten minutes to tell her about Jesus. She ended up getting off at the stop before mine. Please pray that I might be able to see her again!

That very morning I had been praying that I would be able to share Jesus with someone. Father totally used my time on the train to let a woman hear about Jesus for the first time in her life. Also that morning I was listening to the song "Until the Whole World Hears" by Casting Crowns. It talks about how we will keep on singing until the whole world hears. This applies to the Great Commission, which tells us to go out and make disciples of all the nations. I listened to the song about five times on my way to the station that morning and it played in my head all that day. Father is just awesome, He puts us in situations where He is glorified. Everything works for His glory.

Friday July 16

Today was our last day of preparation for the VBS. The room is ready and now all we need is the kids! Please be praying for kids to come. We do not know how many are coming. I am really excited to get to love on these kids and share the love of Christ with them. It is so awesome to see all the awesome things Father has done to bring this VBS about. He is going to do awesome things with this!

During our lunch break, we went to one of the few Christian book stores in Tokyo. It was so awesome to see a room full of Bibles and Christian materials and know that there are people here that love Father. The woman working there, Y-son is an awesome woman. She talked about how the Word of God is her treasure and how she starts her day with time in the word. She told us her favorite verse is Ecclesiastes 3:11

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

She told us that this verse is the reason she is a Christian. She asked each of us our favorite verse and we were able to share them with her. She is so sweet and I cannot wait to go back and see her again!

Prayer Requests
  • For kids to come to the VBS
  • Y-son
  • The girls who work at the nursery
  • The woman I met on the train
  • Safe travel for the super summer global group
  • Opportunities for us to share the good news every day, hopefully multiple times.
  • Japanese Christians
  • For all people to know Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment