Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last Blog from Tokyo

Wow! I can't believe this, but in about 7 hours I will be on a flight to America. This summer has flown by, Father has worked in huge ways. He has changed the hearts of many people, is raising up a generation of Japanese believers, and has changed the hearts of us interns. Personally, I have drawn so much closer to Father. He has stretched me and taught me so much. I can only stand in awe of what He has done.

Second VBS

Our second session of VBS was amazing. We had about 11 kids everyday. They were a lively group and were really receptive. It was beautiful when we would talk to the kids and we could see that they were learning. They memorized Bible verses and bible songs. It was so amazing to hear them and know that they knew it. My last day was really bittersweet. I hated to say goodbye to all the awesome kids and the woman who runs the school. She has become my Japanese mom and I love her dearly. She has poured into my life since the day I met her. Which was the first week we were here.

Some of the kids at VBS.

For our final fun day, we got to go to Disneyland and Disney Sea. It was a really fun weekend and our Japanese friends came with us and that was super fun. One of the guys who came with us really liked learning the hand signals for Texas colleges. He had a blast doing the Axe 'Em Jacks sign.

Our group at Disneyland

The high school interns left on August 3 and that was a really sad day as half of our intern family headed back to America. They were an awesome group of interns. They really impressed me with their maturity and how they spent a month and a half away from their families. I could not have done that at their age. The last few days we had here consisted of us meeting with our contacts for the last time before we left. It was sad to tell our friends goodbye but I know that Father will still be working in their lives.

C-son and I at Disney

I want to say thank-you for all the prayers over this summer. I'm really glad that I did this blog this summer to keep everyone updated with what was going on in Tokyo. Thank-you for taking an interest in my summer and what Father is doing here in Tokyo. Please continue to pray for this city and this country, Father is at work here. See y'all in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment